- Although it may be tempting to wash your face more than twice a day, this is not advisable. Over-washing can make your skin dry and irritable, causing it to look worse rather than better.
- Develop a skin regimen for your face. Whatever regimen you choose, stick to it, and always follow through. Repeat the regimen in the morning and at night.
- Always choose a moisturizer that’s suited to your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, go for something gentle and unscented. If you are prone to pimples, try something light and non-oily.
- Drier skin types should go for heavier moisturizers with soothing, nourishing ingredients like shea butter or aloe vera.
3. Exfoliate once a week. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, leaving your face looking fresh and radiant. It can really help to give a healthy glow to your skin, which is a bonus when you’re aiming to go makeup free. Find a skin wash with special exfoliating particles which you can use at least once a week, but as often as every 2 to 3 days, for best results.
- Alternatively, you can exfoliate using a clean washcloth soaked in warm water. Rub your face gently with the washcloth, in slow circular motions. This option is good for people with skin that is sensitive to the ingredients in any facial washes.
- Never scrub your face too hard with the exfoliator or use it too often. This will dry out your skin and leave it feeling irritated, which is the last thing you want.
- For instance, toners designed for oily or acne-prone skin can help to remove excess oil and tighten pores, while toners for dry skin can help to soothe irritation and lock in extra moisture.
- A toner appropriate for your skin type can be used everyday, after cleansing and before moisturizing.
5.Always remove your makeup. Even though this article is a guide on how to look good without makeup, chances are you will still want to wear it from time to time. This is absolutely fine, but just make sure that when you do wear makeup, you remember to take it off completely before bed. Makeup that is left on overnight can clog the pores and lead to pimples.
- Use a specific makeup removing product, like a foaming cleanser or cream toremove the makeup, rather than your regular face wash. Use a special eye makeup remover to clean off mascara, eyeshadow, and eyeliner.
6.Take care of any pimples. Pimples can be one of the main reasons that people are afraid to go bare-faced in the first place, so if you can get rid of those, you will feel a lot more confident about going makeup free. Make sure to follow a rigorous skincare regimen to avoid pores from becoming blocked and remove any excess bacteria from the surface of the skin. Use products targeted at oily or acne-prone skin and look for moisturizers, sunblocks and makeup that are non-comedogenic (non-pore blocking).
Loom for over-the-counter spot creams and gels which contain ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, both of which are extremely effective for clearing acne.
If these measures do not seem to be working, consider seeing a dermatologist who can prescribe a stronger medicated cream or even a round of antibiotics or other other oral medications.
7.Always wear sunscreen. You should wear sunscreen every day, even if it’s cold, cloudy or snowy, as the UVA/UVB rays can still damage your skin. Sun damage will cause your skin to age prematurely, and in extreme cases can lead to skin cancer and other skin conditions.
- Aim to use SPF 30 or higher and, if possible, find a sunscreen which doubles up as a moisturizer. This will make sunscreen application easy to remember.
- 8.Stop touching your face. This is a habit many people are guilty of, which can seriously affect the quality of the skin. Picking at spots, rubbing your forehead, or simply resting your chin on your hand are all things which add oil and bacteria to the skin, causing it to break out and look greasy.
9.Take care of your skin from the inside out. Be sure to get at least 8 hours ofsleep per night, and to drink at least 5-8 glasses (or 1 and a half liters) of water. Sleep gives your skin a chance to repair and restore itself, leaving you looking fresh and without dark circles beneath your eyes, while drinking water hydrates the skin and purifies it from the inside out, flushing out toxins and fueling the skin’s metabolism.
- Rubbing at your face can also loosen the skin, causing premature wrinkles. Therefore, if you want to improve the appearance of your skin, make an effort to stop unnecessarily touching your face.
Cheers to healthy skin!!!
Click here for more Skincare Tips!!