What You Need-DIY Coffee Dye
A large bottle of cheap conditioner
1 tablespoon of instant coffee granules
1/4 cup of instant or brewed hot coffee
a plastic bag
an old towel
How to Color Your Hair with Coffee –
1. Pour half a cup of conditioner into a cup and add a tablespoon of instant coffee granules. Mix together with a spoon until the coffee is completely mixed in.
2. Put either 1 tablespoon of instant coffee in a cup and add 1/4 cup of hot water to it, or make a pot of strong brewed coffee. Now pour the 1/4 cup of instant hot coffee or 1/4 cup of brewed coffee into the conditioner/coffee mix and stir around till everything is mixed. Let sit for five minutes.
3. Now it’s time to head to the bathroom.
4. Drape an old towel around your shoulders to catch any coffee drips. Scoop up a little bit of the coffee mix and carefully apply it to your dry hair, being careful not to let it dribble too much down your face or arms or onto the floor.
5. Keep applying all the mixture until your entire head of hair is covered. Massage into your hair and scalp for two minutes.
6. Wrap the plastic bag around your head and tie up in a small knot.. The heat from the plastic bag and the trapped heat coming from your head makes the coffee ‘develop’ faster. Leave it on your hair for 15-30 minutes, then hop in the shower and rinse off. Shampoo it to get rid of the excess coffee, rinse again and rub dry with the old towel.
7. Blow dry as usual and, voila, coffee colored hair.
Wow!! Who knew Coffee was this diverse.