TOTAL TIME: 0:40
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS (COST PER SERVING OF $0.83)
- 2 c. wild rice blend
- ¾ c. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions
- kosher salt
- 2 clove garlic
- ¾ c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ c. roughly chopped fresh dill
- 4 scallions
- Cook the rice blend according to package directions. Fold in the cranberries, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes. using a wooden spoon, gently stir just until incorporated (the mixture will look shaggy). Transfer to a lightly foured work surface and knead until smooth, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very tender and beginning to turn golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes more. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; stir in the parsley.
- Add the onion mixture, scallions, and dill to the rice and toss to combine.
Tips & Techniques
Courtesy of http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a35988/wild-rice-cranberry-dressing-recipe-wdy1113/