Creating a classic hot chocolate can become difficult sometimes, so this is my warm wishes to you.
How to Make Homemade Hot Cocoa
yields 5 cups
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (Dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla; stir well. Serve immediately.
**I’ve used both vanilla soymilk as well as almond milk to make this and both are delicious!**
adapted from The Joy of Vegan Baking and courtesy of: http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-homemade-hot-cocoa/