Merry Christmas to you!! Today you are probably making Christmas breakfast right now and opening presents. Let’s be honest sometimes the holiday season can become hectic with all the last minute shopping. So after the presents are open and the kids are preoccupied with the new games, here is a little gift for you and the grown ups at the party!!!
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. sugar, divided into 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c. eggnog
- 1 cold egg
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, 1 tbsp sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add egg nog, egg, butter and vanilla, stirring to combine and breaking up any large lumps.
- In a nonstick (or well-greased) saute pan over medium-low heat, pour 1/4 c pancake batter into the center of the pan. Heat until small bubbles form in the pancake, and a lip forms around the edge of the pancake, as it starts to bead up while baking (about 1-2 minutes). Flip, baking the other side until lightly golden. Repeat until all pancakes are baked.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle atop pancakes and drizzle with syrup before eating.
Recipe Courtesy of Delish.com
Merry Christmas with my heart and mad love!